Thursday, March 22, 2012

Back "Home"

I arrived back to Haiti on Saturday.  I was so excited and happy to see the children!!  Jeff and the host family were in Haiti and I was able to see them for a short while.  They seem like a wonderful family to have at Grace Village and I am looking forward to getting to know them more and see how God will use them in Haiti.  

When we arrived to Grace Village on Saturday a Healing Haiti team was there to greet us.  We were able to spend some time with them on Saturday and spent the afternoon with them on Sunday.  It was so much fun to be with them and Tom and Shelly defiantly kept Dan and I entertained!  I laughed so hard and had a blast listening to their stories.

During the week I have had my husband Dan with me.  It has been so amazing and so nice to have him here.  He is leaving tomorrow and I am so sad to see him go.  He has been a source of refreshment to me and has supported me so much this week.  I really wish he could stay.  We had fun playing with the children.  Dan and I played a game with them that entailed hiding eggs for them and then giving them candy when they found it, sort of like an easter egg hunt, but slightly different.  Dan made two special eggs for the children.  If they found them they got a big prize.  He called the eggs the bull egg and mama gretchen egg.  They now call the game mama Gretchen lol!  They absolutely loved this game and had so much fun with it. We also played heads up seven up, soccer, and many other games with them.  Dan helped me organize and distribute things to the children.  It was such a great time with him and I am so blessed to have had this time together.

We still are working on listening skills at Grace Village which continues to take time!  I am trying to get better with my creole so the children start to understand me better.

We have a few children that are sick and I ask that you continue to pray for them and for all the children.  

God continues to bless Grace Village with safety, support, love, and encouragement to all of us.  So many Healing Haiti teams have brought such wonderful stuff to the children.  I got to give the children backpacks two days ago which was such a blessing and give them shoes that were needed.  I cannot tell you how grateful everyone here in Haiti is for all the teams that come and all the people that give/donate to these children.

I have not updated the blog lately due to not having internet at GV. I am in Port-au-prince tonight with my husband to see him off tomorrow so we are getting internet at the guest house!  Hopefully more to come soon!

The pitch!

And the hit with Idamene!

No comments:

Post a Comment