Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happy Palm Sunday!

So I have not updated my blog as much as I would have liked this past week!  The internet has been going in and out!

The children have not had school since Wednesday and will not go back till April 10th so we have a long time with them here.  We have been keeping busy and yesterday Jeff arrived which was so exciting for the children!

Last week we had Haitian doctors and Americans come to a wellness check on the children.  It was so nice because I had a few really sick children and it was great to get them started on medications.  Next week we have the advocate's coming to visit and Dr. Sem will see the children as well.  I am very excited for them to stay here with us and for the children to get so much medical care!

Everyday there continues to be something new that I learn or something new that I experience here!  I still find myself getting frustrated with the Haitian culture or ways and need to daily remind myself why I am here and keep learning from God.

The children keep receiving wonderful donations from everyone in the states.  I continue to say thank you to those who are giving!  We are so blessed by all of you.  This week I got to pass out more backpacks, church clothes for the children, and play clothes for the children.  If you are giving and wondering if it is making a difference please know that YES!!!  We could not do anything here at Grace Village without your gifts of money, clothes, medical supplies, lotions, soaps and so many other things.  Keep up the huge hearts for the children here!  

So I am going to wake the children up here soon to go eat breakfast and then we will have church at 900.  It is Palm Sunday today and the start of Holy week.  What an amazing thing to celebrate and especially with these children!

Oh Jeff blessed me with a new router for my room so connection seems better!!! : ) Now I just have to get Haiti to improve their internet service!

***Most of the crowd spread their garments on the road ahead of Him and others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road.  Jesus was in the center of the procession and the people all around him were shouting "Praise God for the Son of David! Blessing on the one who comes in the name of the Lord!  Praise God in the highest Heaven!"   Matthew 21: 8-9

Wearing some of the new play clothes!

New site made in memory of those who passed on Jan. 12th

No comments:

Post a Comment