Monday, February 13, 2012

God is among us!

So today I again drove the children to school and I actually knew where I was going. Laikia did sit right by me just in case I needed her help. Fanfan helped me a lot today with getting to know each worker, who they were and what they did here. He also helped me go over some rules and expectations for them.

Maycko stayed home from school today. He was not feeling that well in the morning. He has had no fever today and will be going to school tomorrow. He is eating again and running around like his old self. Chrisaline’s eye is almost all better. There is a small scab, but that is it. Shersunny has persistent ringworm and we are trying to get rid of it! Please continue to pray for all the children!

I went with Andy and HenryClaude today to deliver the monthly food to the elders. That took a good amount of our time! They are some of the most grateful and appreciative people that I have ever met. One elder reminded me to pray for him, so I prayed over him before I left! It was so cute. One elderly is 102!! She came running towards us and I was laughing so hard! The elderly team was so wonderful and gave Creole Bibles that you can listen to, to everyone. One of them was walking in the street listening to it, it was great to see! When I asked what the elderly did before Healing Haiti started working with them, the response I got was God took care of them : )

Today was so incredibly busy and I am still not sure what all I did! The children are wonderful and it is obvious that God is present here.

I am truly blessed to be here and so thankful to God for giving me this opportunity. It is the best feeling to see God’s work at hand!

For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalms 100:5



Playing


Turkey, for my dad, Joey and cc!

The excited Elderly

Having fun : )


No comments:

Post a Comment