Friday, February 10, 2012

Trying to love the children up!


Yesterday we did not have the internet for too long so I was not able to update the blog.  We again had a very busy morning.  I finally had them on time to eat and then they had to switch all their shoes and socks because it was Friday and on Friday they can wear any shoes and tennis shoes they want.  Not the best time to find this out, but they always keep you on your toes!

I am getting more comfortable with the children and their routine.  I drive the cabota in the morning with the children who are anemic and small and then the other children walk with Guilliume.  I also learned on Fridays they get done with school earlier! 

It is amazing how they have no toys, but are always playing games and have things to do!  You never hear that they are bored.  I feel that in America you hear that all the time and the children have so many toys.

The hardest part for me right now is trying to balance everything.  I wish I could just be a mother to each individual child.  I wish I could give each one of them all my attention and time.  I would love to just lay in bed with them and read to them.  I want to just be able to sit and talk one on one with them and hear all they have to say about the day.  I unfortunately cannot right now due to the language barrier and that there are 40 children.  They all deserve the best and sometimes I do not feel that they get that because they were robbed of a mom and dad.  I think back to my childhood and how different it is from theirs.  I got more attention than I could ask for and I had people in my life to spoil me rotten!  They are amazing children and I just want to give them more!

The exciting part of the day was when the Healing Haiti team to visit the children.  They taught them all about China which was so cool.  They dressed in outfits, spoke the language, discussed their culture.  They brought chopsticks and had them eat popcorn with them and gave them fortune cookies.  It was a blast!

I tried pite tonight for the first time.  It was so good!  The children loved it so I shared some of mine with them so they could have more.

Tomorrow is Saturday and not really sure of the routine?  I guess I will figure it out then. 

Sorry for such a short update.  The interent will be down soon and I have to kiss the children goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment