Wednesday, February 15, 2012

We Love because He first loved us!

After taking the children to school today, I spent some time reading my bible, my bible study book, and just relaxed!  It was so nice to take some time and just sit and reflect on everything that has been happening here.  It has been one week since I arrived to Grace Village.  It seems like I have been here longer then that.  Last night I was so tired and today it was good to get refreshed for the week. 

The plan for today was to take Rose to see Dr. Sem, but of course we are running on Haitian time and were too late to take her.  It worked out okay because I think I am going to take another child to see Dr. Sem as well, so now we will be able to take both in one trip!

During the children's play time I had them make Valentines Day cards and gave them each a piece of chocolate.  They did so good with it!  One of the guardians here can sort of speak English, but I really had no interpreter with me.  I had made a card earlier and showed them what it looked like.  I was worried that they would try to take the scissors or crayons, but they did not!  There was no fighting and things went well.  We still need to work on picking up after themselves, but it was defiantly a success!  I think they are becoming more comfortable with me and how things work.

Tomorrow hopefully I will be going to see Dr. Sem with the two children!  Please pray that it will go well!

Pray for the children's health, our safety and my health as well!  Thanks so much!


Some of the Cards!


We love because He first loved us.  1 John 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment