Monday, February 6, 2012

I have arrived!

Hey,

To some of you who may not know me my name is Gretchen Skog.  I am 25 years old and currently work as a nurse at the University of Minnesota Medical Center.  I have been married a little over a year to my husband Dan Skog.  A few months ago Dan I meet with Jeff and Julie about the possibility of going to Haiti for an extended period of time.  With all their hard work and Healing Haiti’s, they have blessed me with the opportunity to go to Haiti for three months. 

I will be staying at Grace Village during this time and will do my best to support the children and workers with whatever they might need or with any issues that may arise.  I of course could not do any of this without the love and support of my family at home, Healing Haiti’s wonderful team, and the most amazing and gracious God.  I pray that God will use me in any way He can for the work that needs to be done. 

My flight went very smooth and I arrived safely in Haiti.  Our flight on the way to Haiti was a little delayed, but really it was no big deal. I was very lucky to go with a Healing Haiti team.  Shelly the team lead was absolutely amazing and very helpful to me. 

We arrived to the guesthouse and ate dinner, Tacos!  I was pleasantly surprised.  It was a great dinner and now I am just catching up with some blogging!  I will be heading up to Grace Village in the morning to meet the children and begin my day.  I will have a lot more to tell you then.

On a wonderful note…..the area around the airport is really clean!  It looks great and a lot of the tents have been moved. Hopefully the Haitians that moved have a place to stay, but progress is being made which is awesome!

I cannot begin to tell you how good it feels to be in Haiti!  I am so happy to be here and feel so incredibly blessed at what God has given me.  I am overjoyed with this opportunity and am so excited to see all the things God has in store for me and the special people of Haiti.  



1 comment:

  1. Hey Gretchen!

    I am glad you arrived safe and I am happy that you are back in the place you love! I did some more reading on Grace Village and it looks like a very amazing place. I look forward to seeing all of your blog updates. Bogey says hi as well.....he misses you already, but I do not think he misses Percy. Have a great day with the group!

    Love,

    Joey

    ReplyDelete